Non-Traditional Student Scholarship
The Southern Nursing Research Society (SNRS) and the National League for Nursing (NLN) have a strong and mutual interest in promoting nursing education research conducted by doctoral nursing students and have agreed to offer a joint award focused on the following goals:
- Select and award a meritorious nursing research dissertation proposal,
- Increase the quality and quantity of nursing education focused research, and
- Support the advancement of the science of nursing education.
This is an annual award of $5000 to support completion of one nursing student’s dissertation work. Funds for this award are provided by the SNRS and NLN. The recipient also receives a one-year student membership from the NLN.
Application Deadline and Timeline
- Proposals for the 2020 grants cycle will be accepted October 7, 2019 – February 6, 2020.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for this award must be current members of SNRS (student or regular) and must be enrolled in a research- focused doctoral nursing program (DNS, EdD, and PhD) in the southern region
- Applicants must provide evidence that they have successfully completed the dissertation proposal process and obtained IRB approval, where applicable
- Proposed studies must be clearly focused on nursing education research and must relate to one or more of the NLN Priorities for Research in Nursing Education.