Eastern Nursing Research Society/NLN Doctoral Dissertation Award
The Eastern Nursing Research Society (ENRS) and the National League for Nursing (NLN) have a strong and mutual interest in promoting nursing education research conducted by doctoral nursing students and have agreed to offer a joint award focused on the following goals:
- Select and award a meritorious nursing research dissertation proposal,
- Increase the quality and quantity of nursing education focused research, and
- Support the advancement of the science of nursing education.
This is an annual award of $2500 to support completion of one nursing student’s dissertation work. Funds for the 2019 grant cycle are provided by ENRS. The recipient will also receive a one-year student membership from the NLN, if not already a current member.
Application Deadline and Timeline
- Applications must be submitted by February 6 of each calendar year.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for this award must be current members of ENRS (student or regular) and must be enrolled in a research- focused doctoral nursing program (DNS, EdD, and PhD)
- Applicants must provide evidence that they have successfully completed the dissertation proposal process and obtained IRB approval, where applicable
- Proposed studies must be clearly focused on nursing education research and must relate to one or more of the NLN Priorities for Research in Nursing Education.