Children’s Mercy Kansas City Scholarship
NBNA is committed to excellence in education and conducts continuing education programs for nurses and allied health professionals throughout the year. The association provides annual scholarships for students.
Scholarships provide funding for continuing education. This funding enables nurses to grow and better contribute their talents to the health and healthcare of our communities.
Application Deadline and Timeline
- Applications must be postmarked by April 15, 2020
- Must be a member of NBNA and a member of a local chapter (if one exists in your area). If a chapter does not exist within a 50-radius of your location you can join NBNA as a Direct Member.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in a nursing program (B.S.N., A.D., Diploma or L.P.N./ L.V.N. Masters , and Doctoral) and in good scholastic standing at the time of application.
- Applicant must have at least one full year of school remaining.
Scholarship Applicants Must Provide:
- Official Transcript(s) from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Two (2) page Written Essay
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one from applicant’s school of nursing and one from the local chapter, or a nurse in the area if a local chapter does not exist). Letters of recommendation and essay must be attached to the application.
- A clean/clear professional headshot.
- Additional items to accompany the application in support of the candidate’s eligibility and desirability may include documented evidence of:
- participation in student nurse activities, and
- involvement in the African American Community, i.e., letters, news clippings, awards, certificates